Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Love; it's unstoppable

My mom and sister are very into country music, I mean, obsessed. I on the other hand, I like it, but I am not like them with this obsession.

One of the reasons I do like country music though is because of the lyrics. Most country stars actually write their own music, unlike most pop stars, it comes from the heart, something that we can all relate to, not any of this “I kissed a girl” crap. They’re stories, that make you play out the song in your head, relate to it. Think of Taylor Swift; I know for a fact there is a group on facebook called “There’s a Taylor Swift song for that…” a lot of teenage girls say that they can relate to her music, that’s because SHE writes her songs about things that happen to all of us, heartbreak, happiness, childbirth, marriage, love, everything.

Now, this isn’t a blog to defend country music and ask people to support it, no, as I said in the beginning, I’m not a obsessed country fan, I’m more of an alternative/indie type girl. No, this blog is about love.

That probably surprised you, not really the direction I started with. Here’s the “answer”. There’s a song by the band Rascal Flatts called Unstoppable, it’s about someone who has “walked the road a little sideways”, but they find love, and realize how it can fix anything, and I truly believe that. Though, there is only one kind of love, God’s love. Sure, you can get love from another person, but it is God’s love shining through them to you.

This past year I have had that happened to me. This time last year I was on the path to nowhere; I had bad grades, bad friends, and had made a lot of bad decisions. I’m a teenager, so I’m sure that you can figure out what those decisions were. Though, in the eighth grade, I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior, so He was still living in me, even if I wasn’t living for him. But nevertheless, I spent my entire sophomore year trying to push Him away, and I did a really good job of it. I blocked Him out to the point where I couldn’t hear Him anymore, and the decisions I made didn’t even bother me anymore. But last summer, when I was away from that all in the middle of nowhere New Hampshire, somehow God shone through to me, and that was the breaking point, and everything changed. I got rid of all those things in my life and started over. Completely over, and the friends that I had made were there to help me along the way, and they still are. Their love (God’s love) shone through to me, and it conquered all, it was unstoppable.

So here’s my closing; one, don’t be afraid to love someone, because chances are, they need some, and two, don’t be afraid to love someone back, because love is unstoppable.

Unstoppable, by Rascal Flatts

So, you made a lot of mistakes
Walked down the road a little sideways
Cracked a brick when you hit the wall
Yeah, you've had a pocket full of regrets
Pull you down faster than a sunset
Hey, it happens to us all

When the cold hard rain just won't quit
And you can't see your way out of it

You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing, don't give in
It'll come and make you whole again
It always will, it always does
Love is unstoppable

Love, it can weather any storm,
Bring you back to being born, again
oh, it's a helping hand when you need it most
A lighthouse shining on the coast
That never goes dim

When your heart is full of doubt
And you think that there's no way out

You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing, don't give in
It'll come and make you whole again
It always will, it always does
Love is unstoppable

Like a river keeps on rolling
Like the north wind blowing
Don't it feel good knowing

You find your faith has been lost and shaken
You take back what's been taken
Get on your knees and dig down deep
You can do what you think is impossible
Keep on believing, don't give in
It'll come and make you whole again
It always will, it always does
Love is unstoppable

Love is unstoppable
So you made a lot of mistakes
Walked down the road a little sideways
Love, love is unstoppable

No comments:

Post a Comment