Thursday, July 29, 2010

Distractions; some you need to give into

My last post was on May 11th, which is almost about three months ago. It seems so weird because it's not like me at all to go three months with out writing. There has just been so many things going on in my world I guess, that have distracted me from sitting down and just thinking about things, which is what I haven't really realized until this week, when my boyfriend, my best friend, didn't even really know what was going on in each other lives.
Summer can do that to you apparently, though, since I spent the entire summer at camp last year, it seems that I have forgotten what a real summer is. It's kind of boring, but since this is my last real summer of being in high school, it's somewhat of a rush with all the feelings it creates.
There's stress of visiting, picking, applying to colleges, and since I am a photography major, I've been working rigorously on my portfolio to send to colleges.
Excitement, I'm in my first real exhibit tomorrow night in Boston, at the Art Institute of Boston, along with many other talented kids who did their AIR program this summer.
Mixed feelings. There are many adjustments that have had to be made; my boyfriend moving 3 and a half hours away, instead of being a mere hour away. My father, being away all week every week since he took a new job, leaving my mom basically a single parent. Making many life decisions over the past school year, which have left me with nowhere nearly as many friend, which has been extremely hard. I pretty much stay home every day with my mom and sister, and don't really get out much at all, which is a HUGE change from last summer.
Sadness, because I miss all my friends at camp, and also knowing that this is my last full year at home, but not really because this time next year I will be already be packing for college.
Nervousness since I will be leaving home oh so soon.
Happiness, because I will be leaving home so soon.
There have been so many things distracting me this summer, but it doesn't make it acceptable. I'm not just talking about my lack of blogging, more my lack of looking at my life. I honestly have been ignoring all the things beneath all the emotions, including myself. I have just been trying to deal with all these NEW things, that I have been ignoring things that I should have been dealing with before, struggles I have had, and still need to pay attention to.
So, this is more or less, my letter to myself to snap out of it, and come back to reality. You are not the only one going through these things, and many others have gone through it before you.
But you do have the ones that will always be there for you, so look to them, and try not to get distracted anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment