Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Years; a time of Thank You's (:

I’m listening to Stay Strong as I write this. I don’t think that this post is going to really mean anything; I think I am too excited really to even concentrate on writing anything worth while. I feel like I get like this at the end of every year, excited as to what the next New Year will bring; new experiences, new people to meet, new things to learn. But this coming Year, I don’t think I have ever been this excited before. I think it’s because I have something to look forward to. I’ve learned so much, and changed virtually everything that was me this year, and I cannot wait to see what s ahead, and what God will show me in 2010. (I’m getting really annoyed right now, my computer is skipping). I feel like I need to write something profound in this post because it’s going to be my last one of the year, because I am leaving for Berea tomorrow until Friday, and then I’m staying in North Conway with my family until Sunday. But I don’t think that anything profound is going to come. Just thanks. I think this would be a good time to thank the people who have affected me the most this year.

The Camp Berea Quad- for giving me a job at the most amazing summer camp in the world

Erika Sanderson- for being an amazing friend. Understanding and listening about something that she virtually didn’t and never will understand, but treated me like a normal human being, and seeing when I needed someone to talk to. For sending me random texts when I need them most, even though most of the time she doesn’t know it (:

Carrie Pollard- for being an amazing worker. Latching on and being prepared for the ride, even though we had no idea what we were doing. For keeping me sane when I thought I was going to explode, and taking care of everything when I was made to stay in the nurses.

Tori Duttweiler- For being an amazing friend. Keeping me sane all summer. Always being there when I needed a friend. Waking me up when I was going to be late to work. Thanks for all the amazing memories. One day we will run away (and not tell Nathanael). Because you live there are 10,000 times as many stars in the sky. And thank you for modeling the most beautiful quilt dress that I will wear to prom. Oh, and I think you’re fine, and you really blow my mind.

Julia Vitale- for being the best texting buddy ever. Always being cheerful when I need her. Telling me that my “boyfriend” was a lunatic, and I deserved better (well I got that right? Hehe), and that he called too much. For letting me crash in her room more than once, and enjoy her presence, even though sometimes I fell asleep while she was talking. For telling me to watch my heart when I needed to, and to get rid of people in my life I didn’t need. I wish I was a little bit taller, and I wish I was a baller. One day I will be.

Emmaline Conte- for stepping in to a new place that you had no idea about, and about zero interest. If it weren’t for you girl, I would have killed my self during Girls Camp. Thanks for all of your help. Thank you for all the random conversations we had when we had “nothing” to do. For making me laugh, and make me say things that I, myself needed to hear. OH, and remember that really rainy day that I had to go to the nurses, and you didn’t even know, and ran free time all by your self? Thanks (:

Joseph Beachy- Being the best boss ever, and not firing me, even though we all know I was late more than the three times you admit. For organizing “cleaning parties” to clean the craft shop, since I just couldn’t keep it clean, you guys were better at it. Oh, and for driving me to CT for the fireworks we never saw (:

Abby Bandi- for being an awesome friend whenever I need her. For telling me that my dreams are not crazy when everyone else thinks they are. Thanks for the conversations about random boys, and how most of them weren’t good enough for me, and when I found the one that is, you told me he was. Thanks for staying up until 2 in the morning in the cold with me at Man Camp, and just listening to me talk, and get lots of stuff out, and making me have some fun that I had really needed that weekend. Sorry about Jeff lol.

Julie Nicols- thanks for noticing and loving the “new Shapleigh” when I got home. And telling me “it’s about time”. I can’t thank you enough, because that meant the world to me, though you will probably never understand it.

Zach Algarin- for showing me that I deserve better. That you are exactly the kind of person I need to NOT be with. For getting me to realize what I need, and that even though I said “I didn’t know” what was wrong, thanks for being a pain in the ass persistent and getting it out of me.

Nathanael Maloney- you are my whole world now. I don’t even know where to start with you. Thank you for showing me that I am better than what I perceive myself to be. For telling me that I am beautiful, even when I think that I am not. Thank you for showing me how to be a better person, and a better Christian. Thank you for all of your prayers that you have dedicated to me. Thank you for you letters. Thank you for all of the support you have given me over the last 6 months, because there has been a lot. And thanks for listening to all my stupidness, and hiperness, and putting up with me when I can be a pain. Thanks baby.

To my “Daddy”- you are the hardest to thank. Because there is so much I have to thank you for. Too much to even try and list. Just thank you for everything that you have showed me this year. Thank you for being persistent and breaking through that “Great Wall of China” at the time when I needed it most! Thank you for helping me become a stronger and more loving person. Thank you for making me happier, this has arguably been the best year of my life, thank you for making it so.

So this has been the longest post I have written yet, and it’s because I owe so many thanks to so many people. I hope they read this. Happy New Year everyone (:

No comments:

Post a Comment