Friday, April 16, 2010

Love never gives up, never loses faith

I haven’t posted in a little over a week now, even though I said that I was going to work on doing it more often, I also said that I was going to spend more time with the Lord, but am still working on that too. Yesterday I had something happen that helped me realize why He is so amazing, and why I need and want to spend more time with him.

My boyfriend came to visit on Wednesday, the first time that I had seen him since New Year’s Day. We had an amazing day; filled with a picnic, friends, and sunburns from laying out in the sun all day. I had been planning that day for about a month, and then all of a sudden it was over just like it had started. Thursday morning I was a wreck, he had been here for such a short time, and I didn’t know what to do now that it was over. So I did the thing that most seventeen year old girls did, I went to my room and cried. But after thinking for a while, I realized that crying never actually solves everything, but He does. So, I got off my bed, went and got my Bible, and talked to my “Dad” for a while. I just asked Him what to do, and how I was going to get through this. Because I knew there was a reason that he lived so far away, but I needed a little encouragement. This is what He showed me;


1 Corinthians 13:7
“Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.”


I knew right away that everything was going to be okay. I got that feeling that He was with me, and in control.
I’m hoping that yesterday will start to sink into my head and I will be back to spending more time with my Heavenly Father, please pray for me, I think I’m going to need it.

This is such a short post for me, I’m not sure, but I have this feeling that the next one will be longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment