Thursday, February 11, 2010

Holding on; the time to LET GO

People are interesting creations.
There are so many things that we do that are just so hard to comprehend! We talk, we love, we hate, we worship, we connect, we have RELATIONSHIPS.

Relationships are tricky things. And I’m not talking JUST about your significant other type of relationships, any kind of relationship can be tricky. Some are hard to hold on to no matter how hard you work, some are hard to let go, no matter how hard you try. Some come and go without you even realizing it, and some do stay forever.

Recently I have cut a lot of people out of my life that have just been a burden, not helping me in my walk with Him, and just plain mean! But there was one person that I refused to let go of, and now I am not even really sure why I wanted to keep them there. We had gone through a lot together yes, but most of the turmoil that we went through was caused by our own actions, immaturity, and refusal to see what we were doing was not going to help us in the long run. I think this was caused by my own insecurity. What would happen if I let this person go? Would things be different? If so, how? This person did mean a lot to me, and they will forever hold a place in my heart, even though they took what wasn’t there’s to take. But I had to learn that I needed to stop blaming only them and take some of the blame, and take responsibility for my own actions, which I had been refusing to do.

Things went too far out of control recently with this person, and I was forced to come to a realization, that I needed them to be cut out too. It was really really hard to tell them that. And I miss them already, they were one of my best friends. I could go to them about anything, and know that they would be behind me, always. And I know that if I ever need them, they will still be there, I have no doubt. But sometimes these people, the ones that mean the most, are the ones that you need to let go of in order for both parties to move on. I believe that I made the right choice, and yes it is hard, but whoever said that walking hand in hand with Jesus Christ was going to be easy?

I have been dealing with people a lot these past couple of months, all kinds of people and their relationships with me. My best friend called me up today. I haven’t really talked with him in a while so I had a lot to tell him. But I realized that a true friend you don’t need to talk to every single day to keep the relationship going. We’re still best friends, and have been since the 5th grade, and we don’t talk all that much, at least not as much as we used to. But we are still best friends.

So this is what I have learned; you don’t need to be friends with everyone. It’s not going to matter when you leave this place. No matter what, your only TRUE friend is Jesus, everyone else is still going to disappoint you at some point in your life, always. You don’t need to hold onto someone just because you have a past with them, let them go. You are not always going to have a future with them. Some people bring you down, don’t associate yourself with them! Friends are supposed to be uplifting, not bringing you down. And no matter how good of a “friend” they are, if they are causing you to stumble, you need to let them go, and yeah, it’s hard, but in a few years time, you will forget that they even existed, and God heals wounds like no tomorrow. So, no matter what they did to you, he can always take care of it, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment