Wednesday, November 18, 2009

LIFE; basically a game of dominoes

I’m writing another post today because I have this urge that I have to. I love to write. And sometimes I just get these urges to write and write and write, and not stop. And I never have really figure out why. I think it is because I am a very curious (some people would call it nosey) person, and I am always thinking. But for me, thinking includes writing stuff down, and whether other people see it or not is entirely up to me. But I was reading my two posts that I have written in the past two days. And I noticed something; they are two dramatically different things. The topics, the way I viewed things, everything. Once was just very dark and talking about how the world is never going to change, and there is always going to be hurt and nothing can stop that, but the other was about love and how we all need to experience this, and how it’s wonderful and amazing. And it just made me think (of course). Why can/does the human brain see things differentially? Why can I go from one minute thinking about how the world is cold and hard and hurtful, to just gushing about love and all its beauty the next? How does that make sense really? I don’t think I will fully understand. And somehow I just know that if I knew why the brain would do this, it would ruin half of the inspiration. I wouldn’t have much to think about anymore if I knew everything that the human brain did, and why. And what fun would that be? Where would the excitement be? The adventure? The challenge? Well today after I posted my first post of the day I took a shower. And while I was in the shower I was thinking to myself this; “How can people go from talking about one topic, and end up at a completely different one, and then still somehow, they connect?” This is what I feel happens with a lot of my writing, a lot of things in my life, a lot of things that happen in the world. Think about a long phone conversation. You couldn’t sit and talk about your favorite pair of shoes for two hours with the person, but I’m sure that you can find things that connect to the shoes, and then the color, and how that color is like the color of your walls in your room, and how you want to re-do your room…and look!! Now you’re talking about what color your bedspreads are and what not? Like how does this happen? But I’m sure if you went back, you could trace the entire conversation back to your favorite pair of shoes. Everything is a dominoes affect. Everything in life. Thinking about one thing, makes you want to think of another to make that first thought make sense. I was fist thinking about hurt and how much I have had in my life, though in turn it makes me think about all of the things that I love in life…see how that just connected? Dominoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment